Virtual Exchange Training
The Fall 2023 Virtual Exchange Training Application is now open.
This training program helps faculty design and incorporate virtual international content and communication activities into existing courses. Through virtual exchange, faculty can connect their UF classes with students and faculty abroad to collaborate on assignments, acquire global perspectives on a given discipline, and develop intercultural competence skills.
If you would like to learn more about the Virtual Exchange Training, please register for one of our upcoming information sessions:
Virtual Exchange Training Details
Please see the table below for more information on what will be covered in the training. Please click here to view the Fall 2023 syllabus.
Introduction to Virtual Exchange
Navigating Intercultural Collaborations
Designing a Virtual Exchange: Task Design
Utilizing Technology Effectively
Implementing VE at UF: Final Projects
- Faculty and staff with educational responsibilities
- Online training with some synchronous sessions. Training takes 2 hours per week of independent work plus one hour of synchronous online interaction with facilitators, other course participants, and/or international partners.
- Proposal for a virtual exchange module to be implemented within 2 semesters
- All participants will receive a digital badge upon completion of the program. UF Faculty will receive $500 in professional development funds pending budgetary approval. This training counts for 500 miles toward the Global Teaching and Learning Certificate.
- 15-hour online training, taking place over six weeks
- Application Deadline: Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Course Orientation: September 11-15, 2023
- Program Dates: September 18 – October 27, 2023
- Complete the Virtual Exchange Training Application Form.
- An international partner is strongly recommended but not required. Assistance finding a partner is available through the course organizers.
Office of Global Learning, Carrie Martins – email@example.com