Four Online Resources to Find Funding
A searchable funding opportunities and expertise database available to all UF faculty staff, and students. This search engine allows you to filter your results by geographic, country or region; thereby facilitating searches for internationally focused research.
Create your Pivot account and gain access to the most comprehensive catalog of funding sources from around the world. Register for alerts when opportunities meeting your specific criteria are posted you will receive notification. For first time users, sign up before you login.
- Select Advanced Search to enter key search terms and activity location.
- To specify an international location for study, select the More Locations link to open a box to browse listings of valid location terms. The Activity Location browser includes continents and political or geographic groups (e.g., UN, NATO, Commonwealth), as well as individual nations. Click on the folder or the symbol to see a list of more specific terms.
- Once the search results are generated, use the filters on the left to narrow your list further.
- Save your search to receive email alerts and to revisit your list. Access your saved search from the home page.
The University Of Florida Office Of Research, Division of Research Program Development (DRPD) offers a comprehensive search engine to identify funding opportunities. OPPMAN allows users to filter by sponsor, Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) number, type of organization providing the funding, deadline, type of funding instrument (faculty prize, training grant, research grant, etc.) and broad subject category.
- Check the “International” category to list grants that may fund international research and programs.
UF faculty, staff and students can subscribe to announcements delivered by email at the user specified frequency. You can select specific categories to narrow the focus of announcements. To subscribe, login using your gator credentials from the OPPMAN) page (upper right hand corner) and specify the categories and timing for your OPPMAN subscription.
A search engine for all funding programs tied to all levels of government, nonprofit organizations, business and other eligible entities. The filters on the left, allow you to fine-tune your search by type of funding instrument (grant, contract, cooperative agreement), eligible applicants (including a category for Public and State controlled institutions), broad subject area, and unit within the government.
Grants.gov, through its “workspace” application serves as the vehicle to submit your proposal and track the status. UF proposals are submitted through UFirst which links to the grants.gov process.
A clearinghouse of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from the non-profit sector. Search using keywords. Register for email alerts. The Pivot search engine (above) will generate almost all of the active funding announcements listed in this resource. The articles are worthwhile and provide key insights into funding trends.
Contact the Office for Global Research Engagement for help with identifying potential opportunities.