Ad Hoc Faculty Requests
OGRE is willing to accept requests that will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis dependent on the goals of request and available funding. Requests should lead to one or more of the following objectives:
- Explore or initiate a new multi-disciplinary research collaboration among multiple UF faculty members.
- Result in expected scholarly outputs including joint journal articles, grant proposals, and conference presentations.
- Lead to the development of new and innovative study abroad, service learning, or other educational opportunities.
Examples of requests could include (and are not limited to) international collaborative faculty team projects, potential partner visits, or funding for a junior faculty member to accompany a senior UF faculty member to explore new collaborative research opportunities. Individual travel requests to attend/participate in conferences are typically not granted. Please contact the OGRE office for questions and submissions.
- All regular UF faculty; Adjuncts and visiting faculty are not eligible
- A follow-up Trip Report to document activities, connections to local organizations and individuals, cultural highlights of the trip, follow-up activities, and expected scholarly outputs.
Amount of Award
- Up to $12,000 total
- Applications are accepted year-round. Requests will typically receive a response within 10 business days.
Application packages should include:
- A summary cover page with proposed destination, dates, list of participating faculty member(s) and their department affiliation(s), and the names of any local partners at the host site
- A statement of 1-2 pages maximum, describing the proposed trip, the goals, and expected outcomes.
- Brief CVs (2 pages) for each faculty on team
- A budget detailing expected travel costs. We strongly advise not to use US State Department rates, which would significantly inflate the budget. We suggest that 62% of the lodging rate is a reasonable estimate and that per diem rates also be justified accordingly.
Proposal Submission Process
- Submit your requests directly to Dr. Michael Kung (OGRE, firstname.lastname@example.org). Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to consult Dr. Kung as they plan their proposals.