Following orientation and ice breaker activities, UF MS students in Tourism and Hospitality and MBA students at Middlesex University Dubai will work collaboratively on developing and pitching a marketing plan for two state of the art hospitality (Hotel Eleo, US) and the Dubai Eye (UAE) entities. In developing the marketing plan students will gather data by visiting the sites both in person and virtually (virtual tours and websites) and interviewing key staff (in person and by Zoom). During a synchronous session, student groups will pitch their marketing plan to the faculty, who will role play hotel management or directors from the Dubai Eye. “Marketing contracts” will be awarded to the groups with the winning pitches for the hotel and the Dubai Eye.
- Compare and contrast the marketing needs for two state of the art hospitality (Hotel Eleo) and tourism (Dubai Eye) entities.
- Develop skills to work collaboratively using digital platforms with an international project team.
- Demonstrate an openness to learn about differences in culture and values among the student participants
Virtual Guest Speaker
Asynchronous activities: 8-9 hours
Local group activities: 4 hours
Individual work: 4 hours
- Pre-VE reflection
- Synchronous icebreaker sessions
- Asynchronous Flipgrid introductions
- Students collaboratively design a data collection guide.
- Project teams develop a marketing plan. The collaborative group project which is the central part of this VE will entail developing a marketing plan for two tourism and hospitality agencies.
- Live presentations of groups' marketing plans.
- Post-VE reflection