For the couscous
1 cup couscous
1 cup boiling water
For the beef
1 cup beef
½ tsp ground coriander cilantro
1 tbsp water
½ tsp oil
For the stew
1 pepper bell
Chilli to taste
1 bay leaf
1/2 jumbo or other seasoning cube
2 tsp tomato puree
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
1. Add couscous and salt into bowl.
2. Pour over boiling water and mix well.
3. Cover for 5 mins then fluff it with fork and cover for another 5 mins then set aside.
4. Skip cooking the beef if you are using already cooked meat.
5. Cut beef into very small cubes.
6. Season beef with salt, pepper, ground coriander and mix very well and put in a pot
7. Then add 1 tbsp of water and a bay leaf cook on low for about 10 mins until it is cooked and the water has dried up.
8. Then add 1 tsp oil to pot and fry the beef for 5 mins till brown, remove beef and set aside.
9. Peel and slice onions, deseed and cut pepper and chillies and add to pot with bay leaf, ½ jumbo cube, tomato puree, oil and water.
10. Mix these well, cover and cook for about 35 mins until soft. Keep an eye on this because if the water dries out before the vegetables cook then add in a tbsp of water at a time.
11. In the last five minutes open the pot and allow the water to evaporate.
12. When the water has completely evaporated add in the beef and stir for about 10 seconds and add in the couscous and mix till everything is well combined and warmed through.
13. Adjust the seasoning and serve with some grilled meat and salad.