The Spring 2023 Virtual Exchange Training Application is now closed.
This training program helps faculty design and incorporate virtual international content and communication activities into existing courses. Through virtual exchange, faculty can connect their UF classes with students and faculty abroad to collaborate on assignments, acquire global perspectives on a given discipline, and develop intercultural competence skills.
To learn more about the Virtual Exchange Training, please register for one of the following hybrid information sessions, which will all be held via Zoom and in-person at the large conference room in the UF International Center in the Hub:
- Tues, Sept. 20, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT. Click here to register.
- Wed, Sept. 28, 9:00-10:00 am EDT. Click here to register.
- Mon, Oct. 3, 3:00-4:00 pm EDT. Click here to register.
- Thurs, Oct. 13, 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT. Click here to register.
- Mon, Oct. 17, 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT. Click here to register.
Virtual Exchange Training Details
Please see the table below for more information on what will be covered in the training. Please click here to view the Spring 2023 syllabus.
Introduction to Virtual Exchange
Navigating Intercultural Collaborations
Designing a Virtual Exchange: Task Design
Utilizing Technology Effectively
Implementing VE at UF: Final Projects
- Faculty and staff with educational responsibilities
- Online training with some synchronous sessions. Training takes 2 hours per week of independent work plus one hour of synchronous online interaction with facilitators, other course participants, and/or international partners.
- Proposal for a virtual exchange module to be implemented within 2 semesters
- All participants will receive a digital badge upon completion of the program. UF Faculty will receive $500 in professional development funds pending budgetary approval. This training counts for 500 miles toward the Global Teaching and Learning Certificate.
- 15-hour online training, taking place over six weeks
- Application Deadline:Friday, November 4, 2022
- Course Orientation: February 6-10, 2023
- Program Dates: February 13 – March 24, 2023
- Complete the Virtual Exchange Training Application Form.
- An international partner is strongly recommended but not required. Assistance finding a partner is available through the course organizers.
Office of Global Learning, Carrie Martins – firstname.lastname@example.org