Partner Visit Program
A limited number of travel grants are available for faculty and staff to visit current or potential partners. These visits can provide opportunities for faculty and staff to update their knowledge about partner universities, to improve existing programs and to explore potential areas of collaboration.
- Current Academic Managers of existing exchange programs
- Faculty or staff exploring a new exchange program
- Faculty exploring a new study abroad site and partner(s)
- Virtual Exchange faculty to meet with current VE partner
- Virtual Exchange faculty to meet with potential new VE partner
- Faculty exploring potential new International MOUs to support research
UF faculty and staff
Amount of Award
Travel expenses to the proposed international destination for 3 to 5 days.
Proposal Preparation and Submission Process
Submit a 1–2-page letter of interest explaining the rational for the site visit, the universities, and colleagues you are meeting with, your planned activities, timeframe, and what you hope to accomplish during your visit. Also submit a budget detailing expected travel costs. We strongly advise not to use US State Department rates which would significantly inflate the budget. We suggest that 62% of the lodging rate is a reasonable estimate and that per diem rates also be adjusted accordingly.
Within three months of return from the partner visit, faculty/staff submit a report that include:
- Trip report summarizing connections established
- Planned follow-up activities
- Expected outcomes
Please submit your application for a specific partner visit to the appropriate director as indicated above.
- Study Abroad and Exchange Visits: Susanne Hill, Executive Director, UF International Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Exchange: Paloma Rodriguez, Director, Office of Global Learning, email@example.com
- New Research International MOUs: Sandra Russo, Director, Office for Global Research Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org