Collaborative Faculty Team Projects
This program provides travel support to collaborative teams of faculty who wish to develop new and innovative international partnerships for research, service learning and study abroad. UFIC will support one faculty team project to each of the three world regions covered by the UF Title VI centers – Africa, Europe, and Latin America. Applications must be submitted to the respective Area Studies Center Directors. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to consult with the Center Directors as well as OGRE staff as they plan their proposal. The Area Studies centers will conduct their own review process and rank each proposal before forwarding their recommendations to the Office for Global Research Engagement (OGRE). The International Center will fund one project to a world region not covered by one of the Title VI Centers (e.g., Asia, the Middle East).
The program will fund teams representing new and multi-disciplinary collaborations that lead to one or more of the following objectives:
- Explore or initiate a new multi-disciplinary research collaboration among multiple UF faculty members.
- Result in expected scholarly outputs including joint journal articles, grant proposals, and conference presentations.
- Lead to the development of new and innovative study abroad, service learning, or other educational opportunities.
- All regular UF faculty; Adjuncts and visiting faculty are not eligible
- Faculty team comprised of more than one UF department and preferably from multiple colleges or units.
- Faculty team leader will serve as liaison with the International Center and the sponsor Title VI Center (if applicable).
- Faculty team members will travel to the proposed destination.
- Faculty team leader will initiate an International MOU with destination partner.
- A follow-up Trip Report to document activities, connections to local organizations and individuals, cultural highlights of the trip, follow-up activities, and expected scholarly outputs.
Amount of Award
- Up to $12,000 total
- January 17, 2022
Application packages should include:
- A summary cover page with proposed destination, dates, list of participating faculty members and their department affiliations, and the names of any local partners at the host site
- A statement of 2-3 pages maximum, describing the proposed trip, the goals, and expected outcomes. The statement should include an explanation of how the trip will contribute to the team’s collaborative research, the development of a service learning experience or study abroad program, or other outcomes that enhance UF’s international mission.
- Brief CVs (2 pages) for each faculty on team
- A budget detailing expected travel costs. We strongly advise to not use US State Department rates which would significantly inflate the budget. We suggest that 62% of the lodging rate is a reasonable estimate and that per diem rates also be justified accordingly.
Proposal Submission Process
- UFIC will support one faculty team project to each of the three world regions covered by the UF Title VI centers – Africa, Europe, and Latin America and one to a region not covered by the centers. Submit applications to the respective Area Studies Center Directors or Dr. Sandra Russo for travel to other regions. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to consult with the Center Directors and with OGRE staff as they plan their proposal.
- The Area Studies centers will conduct their own review process and will rank each proposal. Once reviewed, the Centers will forward the proposals and recommendation for funding to OGRE.
- Submit your applications for Africa, Europe, and Latin America are to Area Studies Center Directors, copying Dr. Sandra Russo.
- Submit your applications for other world regions (e.g., Asia, the Middle East) directly to Dr. Sandra Russo (OGRE). Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to consult Dr. Sandra Russo as they plan their proposals.
Center for African Studies: Brenda Chalfin, Director -- email@example.com
Center for European Studies: Amie Kreppel, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Latin American Studies: Phillip Williams, Director -- email@example.com
Office for Global Research Engagement: Sandra Russo, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org